British Forces Resettlement Services - (Bfrss.org.uk and associated Online Events)
The categories of customer information that we collect, and hold include:
- Personal information: - email address, name, gender, telephone number, address, civil status, curriculum vitae, service/ex-service profile, photo, QR code.
The categories of customer information that we collect, hold and share with potential employers include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Career Profile
Why we collect and use this information
We use the data you provide:
- to enable you to build a professional profile for potential employers, training providers, career advice companies to view via your event career profile
- if you have opted in, we will send weekly mail-outs via the BFRS website, updates will be on on events, jobs and courses available (you can opt out of these emails at any point via your main profile at Bfrss.org.uk)
- while the event is running companies you visit will be able to contact you with any information you have provided on your jobseeker's profile
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use customer information under Article 6 (1) (f) Legitimate Interest of the GDPR.
How we collect customer information
- information is entered directly onto your online event profile by you as the individual
- information is entered directly onto your bfrs profile by you as the individual
- hard copy registration forms (containing consent to process) and CV’s are used to create an online profile for you to update
Storing customer data
Your information is retained for up to 5 years (unless you request erasure earlier) which allows you to maintain you profile via Bfrss.org.uk until you find the right job for you.
Who we share customer information with
Where permission has been granted, you will be sharing you career profile and CVs with:
- Potential employers
- Training Providers
- Career Guidance companies
For the duration of the event.
Why we share customer information
We must share customer details with companies to give you every opportunity to find employment, via Bfrss.org.uk and any Online Careers Fair you register for.
Data collection requirements:
To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the ICO go to https://ico.org.uk/
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, customers have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your full records, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing (opt out of mailing list)
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of theGeneral Data Protection Regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact: email@example.com